The Devon & Cornwall Training Providers Network (DCTPN) is committed to supporting and representing the training provider sector in Devon and Cornwall. We aim to promote post-16 learning, skills & training and to support those who deliver, employ and support those in receipt of this training.
We represent our members at local, regional and national levels in order to provide a single voice for the training provider sector in Devon and Cornwall, and to ensure that skills and training are part of any planned future developments in the region. The Network has a vital role to play within the training and skills agenda, and as part of the governments recently published Industrial Skills Strategy Green Paper.
In addition to the above, we are committed to:
- Establishing and maintaining, high-level strategic relationships with the Skills Funding Agency, National Apprenticeship Service, Department for Education, Local Authorities, Association of Colleges, Department for Work & Pensions, the Heart of the South West LEP, Cornwall & Isles of Scilly LEP, and other bodies as appropriate.
- Linking the local skills / training agenda to regional & national priorities.
- Influencing the focus of work-based learning by keeping members abreast of changing national priorities.
- Providing regular and appropriate updates to members on local, regional and national priorities and supporting them in preparing for, and implementing change.
- Working collaboratively with a range of partners and key stakeholders to ensure that training and skills are part of any planned future developments in the region.
- Maintaining sustained financial self-sufficiency.
- Adding value consistently and constantly.