Employ an Apprentice
- Employing an apprentice – an overview of the steps to take for taking on an apprentice.
- Employing an apprentice: technical guide for employers - information about how apprenticeship funding works for employers who want to take on an apprentice.
- Employer guide to apprenticeships - gives employers the information and benefits of recruiting apprentices to their business.
- Apprenticeship recruitment: support tool for employers and training organisations - information and support for employers and training organisations involved in the recruitment of apprentices.
- Apprenticeship funding: how it will work – information on apprenticeship funding, including the apprenticeship levy and the online apprenticeship service.
- Pay Apprenticeship Levy - when you have to pay apprenticeship levy and how to report your payments.
- Apprenticeship Levy Manual – this manual is a guide to the apprenticeship levy and published by HMRC.
The apprenticeship service has a group of online tools created to support employers when developing and managing their apprenticeship programme.
- Estimate my apprenticeship funding allows employers to get an indication of how much apprenticeship funding they will receive and estimate how much their chosen apprenticeships will cost over time.
- Through Find apprenticeship training employers can use this service to search for apprenticeship training and find training providers who offer the apprenticeship training they choose.
- Manage apprenticeships allows levy-paying employers to register securely to set up an employer account. From here they can add the PAYE schemes that are associated with their apprenticeship funds and invite other team members to view the account. They can also sign their employer agreement, add apprenticeships to their account and authorise payments to their training provider.
- Recruit an apprentice allows employers to work with their training provider to post their apprenticeship vacancy online and find the right candidates for the role.
- Apprenticeship standards – the approved apprenticeship standards developed by employers.
- Apprenticeship standards in development – a list of occupations approved for the development of an apprenticeship standard.
- How to develop an apprenticeship standard: guide for trailblazers - guidance for groups of employers (trailblazers) on proposing and developing a new apprenticeship standard.
- Apprenticeship funding: how it will work - how apprenticeship funding will affect employers from May 2017, including the apprenticeship levy and the online apprenticeship service.
- Apprenticeship funding bands - sets out the funding bands that will apply for existing apprenticeship frameworks and apprenticeship standards.
- Apprenticeship funding and performance management rules 2022 - the rules that apply to all apprenticeship provision funded by the ESFA.
Becoming an Apprenticeship Training Provider
- Apprenticeships: become a training provider
- Register of apprenticeship training providers – organisations that are approved to deliver apprenticeship training for employers using the apprenticeship service and how to apply to become an apprenticeship training provider.
Finding and Becoming an End-Point Assessment Organisation
- Using the register of apprentice assessment organisations - Information for employers on using the register of apprentice assessment organisations to find an independent end-point assessment organisation.
- Register of apprentice assessment organisations: how to apply - Information for organisations thinking about applying to the register of apprentice assessment organisations.
Apprenticeship Training Agency
Apprenticeship training agencies (ATAs) recruit, employ and arrange training for apprentices on behalf of employers.
- To find out more about ATAs and the ATA framework go to the ATA web page.
- To understand how ATA’s operate under the new apprenticeship funding rules from May 2017 refer to the Apprenticeship funding rules 2022 and apprenticeship funding: rules and guidance for employers.
To find out more on becoming an apprenticeship employer please complete the enquiry form or call 08000 150 600