Sharron joined the DCTPN Board in June 2016, following her appointment to the role of Managing Director.
Commercially focused, and with a wealth of experience across both private and public sectors, Sharron is a strategic thinker with a strong background in sales and marketing, client relationship and project management roles.
Sharron is keen to position the Network as the ‘go to’ organisation in the south west in terms of advice and information on skills and training, representing the training provider sector on a number of high profile and strategic boards and groups, including:
- National Careers Service Area Advisory Group
- Careers Council Cornwall & Devon
- Learning, Skills & Employability Group – Plymouth
- Learning, Skills & Employability Group – Exeter & Heart of Devon
- Heart of the South West LEP People Group
- Devon RPA Group
- CSW - Cornwall Skills for Young People Steering Group
- Devon NHS Trust – STP Working Group
- Nominations Committee – Heart of the South West LEP
- Devon & Cornwall Business Council Advisory Board
- Plymouth STEM Forum
With excellent networking skills, Sharron is able to build sustainable working relationships with partners in order to add value and benefit all involved. Key strengths lie in exceptional leadership and management skills, which results in outstanding team performance.
Sharron is taking the DCTPN into its next phase; growing the number of members, expanding the services being offered, and building commercial partnerships to support financial stability and growth.
A keen sportswoman, Sharron lives in Plymouth with her family, and enjoys exploring the Tors of Dartmoor, watching the England rugby team win, Andy Murray playing tennis and Lewis Hamilton driving fast.